CFORTH (“Company” or “We”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy and any other documents referred to in it describe the personal information that we collect from you, or that you provide on this website www.cforth.com (our “Website”) (which may link to other CFORTH websites) and how that information may be used or disclosed by us.
This policy does not apply to information collected on any third-party site or by any third-party application that may link to or be accessible from the Website, unless such third-party site or third-party application includes links to this policy.
Children Under the Age of 16
Our Website is not intended for children under 16 years of age without parental approval. No one under age 16 may provide any personal information to or on the Website without parental approval. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16 without parental approval. If you are under 16, please do not register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number or email address. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including:
- Information you provide to us.
- Information we collect as you navigate through the site, including usage details, IP addresses.
- Information we receive from third parties, for example, our business partners and independent sales representatives.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
We collect this information:
We may collect and use the following information that you provide to us:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our services, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfilment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
- Your search queries on the Website.
Usage Details, IP Addresses, Cookies and Other Technologies
- Usage Details and IP Addresses. As you navigate through the Website, we may also collect details of your visits to our Website, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access, as well as information about your computer and Internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ equipment, browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Website may contain electronic images known as web beacons (also referred to as single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company to count users who have visited those pages and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity). Web beacons are not used to access your personal information on the Website and are only used to compile aggregated statistics concerning use of the Website.
You are responsible for any content, including personal information, that you contribute to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on the Website, or transmit to other users of the Website (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to other users of the Website at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website. You understand and acknowledge that, even after removal, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Website users.
Uses Made of the Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, in the following ways:
- To present our Website and its contents in a suitable and effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information, or permit selected third parties to use your information, to contact you about goods and services that may be of interest to you where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, or to provide your information to third parties for marketing purposes, please send us an email with the subject line “unsubscribe” to email@example.com.
We do not disclose your personally identifiable information to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregated information about our users (for example, we may report to them that 500 men aged under 30 clicked on their advertisement on a given day). We may also use such aggregated information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal information we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience. Even though we only disclose aggregate information that is not personally-identifiable to advertisers without your consent, when you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement there is a possibility that the advertiser may assume that you meet the target criteria they selected.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose personal information that you provide via this Website to the following third parties:
- Our holding entities, subsidiaries and affiliates.
- Contractors including CFORTH Independent Sales Representatives and service providers we use to support our business.
- To a buyer in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or any other form of sale of some or all of CFORTH’s assets or those of its holding company or entity, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by CFORTH about its customers is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties to:
- Comply with any court order or other legal obligation.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of CFORTH, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from Third Parties. If you do not wish us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by sending an email with the subject line “unsubscribe” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address used for promotional purposes by the Company, you can opt-out by sending an email with the subject line “unsubscribe” to email@example.com. You can also always opt-out of receiving email information from us other than the email informing you of the completion of user registration, correction of user data, change of password or change of applicable terms and conditions by sending us an email stating your request at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us an email at email@example.com. asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product or service purchase, product service experience or other transactions.
- Personalized Advertising. If you do not want us to use personal information that we gather to allow third parties to personalize advertisements we display to you, you can opt-out by sending an email with the subject line “unsubscribe” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
If you have provided personal information when registering to receive services or information, you can review and update your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page and making changes with the exception of your name, Social Security Number (SSN) or Tax Identification Number. To change the name, Social Security Number, or Tax Identification Number on an account, the account holder must telephone us at Customer Services. If you have forgotten your password, once you have tried to register and failed, you can click on the “Forgot your password?” link to reach a page on which you can submit the email address on file for your account. Your username and password. A link to reset your password will then be emailed to you.
You may also send us an email at email@example.com. to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account.
U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Statement
CFORTH and its affiliated United States subsidiaries including CFORTH (collectively, “CFORTH”) comply with the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries. CFORTH has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view CFORTH’s certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions and personally identifiable information will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk.